Monday, August 26, 2013

We Are Wild About Learning!

Wow! I am so excited for this school year, but also very exhausted! Is it just me or do all teachers feel this way at the beginning of a new school year?  :)

Our school's PBIS theme is "Jungle/Safari" this year. I really like it and the school looks so bright and colorful! However, it was really hard for me to take down my "Under the Sea" bulletin board paper from our theme last year. It was such a calming atmosphere, but I was ready for a change.

I am so blessed with a great group of kiddos this year! Tomorrow will be our 10th day of school and everyone's getting used to the new routines, procedures, and expectations. We will also have our 1st visit from Zero Hero tomorrow and I'm sure the children will be thrilled! I'll post more about it soon.

Here are a few photos of my classroom:

 My sister helped decorate our reading area. She is so creative! I already had the tree and a few monkeys and I bought greenery and other stuffed animals from yard sales.
 The kiddos can sit on the pillows and hold animals while they read. Of course, the pillow cases are washable too! :)
 This holder for my pointers is from Hobby Lobby. I love that store! I bought this when it was 80% off too. I love bargains!
 
 
 My classroom is small, but I try to do the best I can with the space I have. The Smartboard is still fairly new to me. It was installed in the middle of last year. It is wonderful!
 
My mom, sister, & niece helped me one day before school started for about 4 hours! I was so thankful for all they did! :)
 My goal this year is to be more organized! I am really trying! I use this crate to hold all the materials I'll need for each day of the week and also the following week. I also store my clipboard with my Transportation List in the back of the crate.
 Each table has a bin for supplies with a different animal skin ribbon and felt mat.
This is our Calendar area, daily schedule, behavior chart, class rules, learning centers, & magnetic center (oil drip pan).
 
Thanks for taking time to see a little glimpse into my classroom! Let me know what you think! :)
Hope everyone has a great school year!
 
 
~ Lisa


No comments:

Post a Comment